Mandala for life....

When ever I'm free from routine mundane workload, I used to sit, draw or create designs and patterns. Drawing has been my hobby since childhood .
No one beleives me when I say that I have never studied art as a subject during school years. I chose to study kandyan dancing (traditional dancing of hill country of sri lanka) And kandyan drumming instead.

I continued drawing what ever came to my mind, even though I had no aim or potential to excel in arts.
When I was 18 years old, my neighbour, a relative, who is also a teacher introduced me to his mother who was going to the national art gallery on week ends to draw. 
Back then i was a teenager who was highly enthusiastic to draw what ever came to my mind. I preferred black and white painted art and one of the senior artists at the ar gallery who was a  tutor as well told me that i should keep up with this unique style of mine, which was more into modern art.
I did not understood anything back then as i had no knowledge about what was happening aroud the globe. Internet was not freely available for all and we had to go to an internet cafe if we wanted to look for information.
Most of these were created during my long hour flights, waiting in transit or during sleepless oncall nights when you are allowed to nap but couldnt.
My life has never been easy or smooth. It has always been challanging and exciting with many new obstacles coming up just in time to keep us on track. 
In a constantly buzzing society I find my pace and my peace through mandala drawings and yoga.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Thanamalwila to Europe

HEALING NOTES OF A MEDICAL DOCTOR

She is my kind of a super hero !