A day like yesterday !

We all gasped and held our breath,praying and pleading, calling those we knew, with pounding hearts while watching the live streams of mobs attacking the peaceful protesters in Galle face Sri Lanka yesterday the 9th of May 2022. 

When the mobs who came to support the Prime minister yelling out slogans asking him to stay in power, started attacking the peaceful protesters, the workers from workplaces around the area came to the Galle face grounds to protect their fellow protesters. It was breathtaking to see how health workers ran towards the protesting grounds from the National hospital Sri Lanka, which was a few kilometers away. The health workers dressed in scrubs, whites, manual workers in their jumpsuits, and office workers, lawyers in their attire filled the space and chased the mobs away.

Sri Lanka has always been a nation with gratitude and hospitality. When the war ended, they treated the leading politicians with so much gratitude that some even worshiped them. Since then, these political goons have misused and mismanaged the country, leading to many destructions. The economic crisis was foreseen by many economists but ignored by the rulers. They've miraculously gathered so much wealth while the country's infrastructure and quality of life went down the drains.
I've served in hospitals where we had to find aid to manage and straighten the interior. 
Even though I'm miles away from my motherland, my heart throbs in pain, watching what my fellow Sri Lankans have to go through. 

It breaks my heart to see the chaotic situation in the country today. Even after years of screams to those who never understood the true motives of these political goons, some older generations kept electing the morally and ethically disabled political thugs to rule a country. This end was inevitable and foreseen by many who resided outside Sri Lanka.

Living in a Scandinavian country and excelling in public health, I see what we are lacking in Sri Lanka. When I traveled the world in my younger years, I always wondered why our leaders did not bring the quality of life we see elsewhere. Back then, I thought it was the lacking of knowledge and resources. Later I saw how the goons who benefited from the corrupted system suppressed the educated, knowledgeable people who wanted to make things better in Sri Lanka. I have first-hand experience working as a government medical officer in Sri Lanka. My immediate bosses, consultants, co-workers, and some hospital administrators, will stand with me as they know the heaps troubles we went through to make things better for the society. The corrupted system and the fools were so powerful that they appeared with Buddhism wrapped around them, so we are deceived by their appearance. 

For decades I thought that the problem was in education, but it took a few years to witness educated corrupted lot have harmed the country the most. It took a while to realize all this. I've given my most total capacity when it comes to service to this nation. I am grateful to my parents for giving us an upbringing of actual patriotic humane values and always teaching us to work for the people and stand in solidarity with truthfulness.  

They say money can buy anything, but be proud, my dear Sri Lankans! We are showing them that money cannot buy our virtues, moral and ethical upbringing, and honesty!
Money can never buy those true patriotic Sri Lankans who ran the extra mile yesterday to protect the nation's sovereignty !!!
Kudos to a nation full of free minds, apolitical brains, and solid spines!

#gohomerajapaksas #GoHomeGota2022 
#GiveUsOurStolenMoneyBack 
#CNN #bbcnews 

Images from face book posts !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Thanamalwila to Europe

She is my kind of a super hero !

HEALING NOTES OF A MEDICAL DOCTOR